Simply select a letter to begin browsing. If you can't find what you are
looking for, simply
to and let us know what you are looking for.
Currently displaying definitions for words starting with - T
- A holding, as of land, by any kind of title, occupancy of land, a house or the like under a lease or an payment of rent or tenure.
- Tenancy at Sufferance
- A tenant who originally lawfully occupied property but remained in possession after the tenancy had expired; a holdover tenant. A tenant at sufferance has no rights whatsoever in the premises.
- The ownership of property, or the documents constituting the evidence of such ownership.
- A wrong; a civil wrong for which the remedy is a common law action for unliquidated damages and which is not exclusively the breach of a contract, or the breach of a trust or other merely equitable obligation.
- The document used to transfer the interests of a registered proprietor to a purchaser by means of lodgement at, and acceptance by the titles office.
- As applied to real estate; it is the frequency with which a given property or an entire area is sold and resold. (ii) In regard to leasing, it refers to the average length of occupancy of the tenants.
Click here to return to the previous page.
Back to top
Can't Find It?
Simply fill out the form below and press Send Message.
Please Note: Remember to check our
Frequently Asked Questions
and Glossary Area before submitting. They may just have the answer you're looking for.