Property and Houses for Sale in Byford

Suburb Profile


GROWTH -3.4%
MED.PRICE $400,000

In 1906, Surveyor A.W. Canning commenced laying out a number of Townsite lots in the area and "Beenup Townsite" was declared in May that same year. By 1919, dissatisfaction with the town's name was general amongst the residents, and the Progress Association requested that the town be renamed "Lynwood". This request was refused because of a duplication in Queensland. A further request in early 1920 expressing a preference for the name "Byford" was acceptable and the name was changed. The name is believed to have been chosen because it is 'by a ford' on Beenyup Brook.

Home Loan Repayments Calculator