Look at this!
Corner property – two road frontage.
Two thousand square metres and two lots of buildings.
Located on the corner of Hill Street and High Street with an ex commercial property facing High Street and a residential home facing Hill Street.
The home has four bedrooms.
Meekatharra is the hub of the Murchison pastoral and mining precinct in the Midwest region of Western Australia.
The vendor has listed the property realistically at $189,000.
Contact Murray Fraser on 0407 381 371 to secure this property for $189,000.
• Dual two road property in Marvellous Meekatharra.
• Ex commercial retail property and 4-bedroom home.
• Corner of Hill and High Steets.
• Adjacent to the main commercial area of main commercial area of Main Street, Meekatharra.
• Meekatharra is the major Centre of the Murchison pastoral and mining precinct of WA.
This property at 60 & 62 Hill Street, Meekatharra is a four bedroom, one bathroom house listed for sale by Murray Fraser at Activewest Real Estate.
For more information about Meekatharra, including sales data, facts, growth rates, nearby transport and nearby shops, please view our Meekatharra profile page.
If you would like to get in touch with Murray Fraser regarding 60 & 62 Hill Street, Meekatharra, please call 0407 381 371 or contact the agent via email.
Meekatharra is a townsite in the Murchison goldfields, 765 kilometres north northeast of Perth. The townsite is 35 kilometres north northeast of Nannine where the first goldrush on the Murchison Goldfield occurred in 1890. It was not until late 1895, when three prospectors, Meehan, Porter and Soych, pegged a claim at "Meekatharra" that the place came to the attention of the mining world. Their claim was near Meekatharra Spring, the Aboriginal name of a watering point that had appeared on maps since 1885, and it is from this spring that the townsite's name is derived. It is believed that the name means, "place of little water".
By 1900 there had been sufficient growth at Meekatharra for the Meekatharra Progress Committee to write to the government requesting a townsite be declared. A surveyor inspected the site and felt it premature, but within a year the situation had changed, and lots were surveyed and land reserved for a townsite. The formal gazettal of the townsite took place in December 1903. A railway station was opened here in 1910, and it contained a large junction station, loco depot and trainsmen's barracks. A stationmaster was there until 1978 when the line was closed.