A rare opportunity to purchase a unique Harvey lifestyle property set amongst picturesque vineyards and orchards, equidistant to Perth and Margaret River.
At the end of a treelined driveway, you will find a beautiful country home set on 10 acres. "Korijekup Farm" (or place of the Red-tailed Black Cockatoo, the historical name for the region) attracts an abundance of birdlife to its lush green pastures and surrounding trees.
The Dale Alcock home has been extensively remodelled and presents as new. You can move in straight away. There is no work to be done.
The current owners planned to establish an equestrian property, so the farm has recently been re-fenced with high-quality electric horse fencing. There are three smaller paddocks, two larger grazing paddocks & a third ready for your dressage arena. The farm could, however, be used for multiple purposes. Nearby properties are used for orchards, grapes and even a perfumery, with the area surrounded by wildflowers in Spring.
Water will be your biggest asset, with access to the Harvey water irrigation system & up to 20 shares available to be purchased separately.
• 4.05ha | 10 ac
• 6 Bed | 2 baths | 2 car garage
• Fully renovated throughout in 2020
• Open plan kitchen, living & dining with fireplace.
• Large activity room with double workstations.
• Master overlooking the garden with walk-in robe & ensuite
• Built-in robes to 3 bedrooms
• General & linen storerooms.
• Large under-cover alfresco
• Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the home.
• Established fruit trees - fig, apple, olive & lemon trees
• Dual access via Korijekup Avenue & Sixth Street
• 5 minutes to Harvey Township
• 7 mins to Wokalup Tavern & Brewery, 10 minutes to the Old Coast Road Brewery
• 10 mins to Harvey Dam
• 15 mins to Myalup & Binningup Beach
• 40 mins to Bunbury
• 1.5 hours to Margaret River
• 1.5 hours to Perth
(all times approximate)
For all further details, contact the joint exclusive selling agents Nick Wallace or John Garland (snr)
This land listing located in Harvey was sold by Nick Wallace at Bellcourt Property Group South Perth.
If you would like to get in touch with Nick Wallace regarding 209 Korijekup Avenue, Harvey, please call 0409 295 914 or contact the agent via email.
Harvey townsite is located in the southwest 140 kilometres south of Perth. It derives its name from the nearby Harvey River, which was named by Governor Stirling in 1829, soon after the river's discovery by explorers Collie and Preston in 1829. Although not positively known, the river is most likely named after Rear Admiral Sir John Harvey RN, Commander in Chief of the West Indies Station in 1818. Stirling was in command of the "Brazen" in those waters at the time, and Harvey recommended him for promotion. Stirling named a number of Western Australian features after his former navy colleagues.
Harvey was developed as a private town in the 1890s following the opening of a railway station there in 1893. In 1926 the Harvey Road Board sought the declaration of a townsite, but this did not occur until 1938.