Your search has been limited to the first 30 items entered.

Property and Houses for Sale in Youngs Siding

Suburb Profile

Youngs Siding

Youngs Siding

The townsite of Youngs Siding is located in the south coastal region, 440 kilometres south southeast of Perth and 34 kilometres west of Albany. In 1889 Millars Karri and Jarrah Forests Ltd constructed a railway line from Torbay Junction (now Elleker) to Torbay, and in the mid 1890's Millars extended the line to Denmark. One of the sidings on the extended line was named Young's, and in 1903 the government set aside land at "Young's Siding" for a future townsite. In 1911 the "Young's Siding and Lake Saidie Progress Association" requested the government make land available at Young's Siding. The land was very wet and low lying, and it was 1916 before any lots were surveyed. The townsite of Youngs was gazetted in 1917, the siding being dropped from the name by a government decision. Although officially Youngs, local usage remained Youngs Siding, and in 1999 the name of the townsite was amended to Youngs Siding. The name honours David Young 1825-1918, a farmer who took up land in the area in the 1850's and later farmed at Marbelup.