Development of the Wilson area began in 1954 when the State Housing Commission resumed some land and T.M. Burke Pty Ltd subdivided some adjoining land. After dispute on the name of the suburb, it was not until January 1960 that the name Wilson was approved for the suburb.
Life in Wilson
Wilson is bounded by Manning Road in the north, Fleming Avenue in the east, the Canning River in the south, and the City of South Perth and Centenary Avenue in the west. Located only nine kilometres from the city and three kilometres from Curtin University's Bentley Campus, Wilson is a popular suburb for students with direct bus routes to both destinations.