Listing No: 4174382

Nanson WA 6532

$299,000

Lifestyle
Property snapshot
Land Area 31.61ha

Inspection times

Please contact the agent to arrange an inspection

PRETTY AS A PICTURE - LOT 30 MURPHY-YETNA ROAD

*Situated between Nanson and Howatharra in the Chapman Valley Shire and only 30 kilometres from the City of Greater Geraldton.
*Gently sloping block set among rugged bush covered hills.
*Plenty of high quality water from equipped supply.
Read more
reiwa.com listing summary for Nanson

WA 6532 is a lifestyle for sale by Max Correy from Geraldton Region Farm Sales. This property was listed for sale with a listing price of $299,000.
Read more

Enquire more about Nanson

 
This contact form has been provided for the sole purpose of communicating with this agent regarding a specific property or real estate enquiry.
It must not be used for any direct marketing purposes.

Suburb Profile

Nanson

MED.PRICE $330,000
POPULATION 121
Nanson

The townsite of Nanson is located in the Chapman Valley, 455 kilometres north of Perth and 34 kilometres northeast of Geraldton. The district was first settled in the 1850s when Michael Morrissey established "Mt. Erin", but it was not until 1909 when the Government planned the Upper Chapman railway that there was a move for a townsite in the area. In 1909 local farmers petitioned the Minister for Lands to lay out a townsite at the "12 1/2 mile siding" on the railway. When the railway was opened in 1910 the siding was named Lauder Siding after a local farmer, but residents in the area petitioned the Minister for Lands to name the proposed townsite "Nansonville", after John Leighton Nanson MLA who was the local Member of Parliament, and also Attorney-General in 1910. The Minister agreed to the townsite being named Nanson, and it was gazetted in October 1910. The siding name was changed by the Railway Department in 1912 to Mount Erin, as this was the name locally used for the place. In 1915 confusion between the siding and townsite names resulted in the siding being renamed Nanson.

About Nanson

The townsite of Nanson is located in the Chapman Valley, 455 kilometres north of Perth and 34 kilometres northeast of Geraldton. The district was first settled in the 1850s when Michael Morrissey established "Mt. Erin", but it was not until 1909 when the Government planned the Upper Chapman railway that there was a move for a townsite in the area. In 1909 local farmers petitioned the Minister for Lands to lay out a townsite at the "12 1/2 mile siding" on the railway. When the railway was opened in 1910 the siding was named Lauder Siding after a local farmer, but residents in the area petitioned the Minister for Lands to name the proposed townsite "Nansonville", after John Leighton Nanson MLA who was the local Member of Parliament, and also Attorney-General in 1910. The Minister agreed to the townsite being named Nanson, and it was gazetted in October 1910. The siding name was changed by the Railway Department in 1912 to Mount Erin, as this was the name locally used for the place. In 1915 confusion between the siding and townsite names resulted in the siding being renamed Nanson.

View Suburb Profile