Cute cottage, refreshed interiors, leafy location
Leafy green vistas everywhere you look make this serene cottage something special, with a pretty interior makeover that adds new atmosphere to the home’s original character. Grigg Place is a quiet street, lined with mature trees, and featuring the beautiful green sanctuary of Grigg Park. It’s a welcoming location for this charming weatherboard, a classic example of the garden suburb’s mid-twentieth century development.
Peppermints and native plantings fill the verge, and a white picket fence defines the large front garden – a mix of natives and exotics, including a paperbark and a spectacular pear tree. The home’s pale mint green exterior is cool and fresh, and stone steps lead up to the entry. Wide timber boards flow throughout, and the air-conditioned living area makes the most of the green vista with huge picture windows to the garden. Two bedrooms, each with mirrored built-in robes and pretty chandeliers, also enjoy leafy outlooks. The bathroom is simply chic, with subway wall tiling, stylish new bath and a rainshower. Smartly renovated, the dine-in kitchen features a black Belling range, stainless steel dishwasher, pressed tin features and a lovely outlook through the alfresco to the east, for the morning sun.
A sliding barn door leads to the laundry and separate toilet, and through to the outdoors. There, an expansive timber-floored area for dining and relaxation adds wonderful alfresco living space, featuring new dimmable lighting and surrounded by greenery. A paved drying court is off to one side, and the long driveway offers ample parking for several cars and a boat or caravan. Inside, there is extensive attic storage, with 22 square metres of space and a drop-down ladder.
The location is quiet but central, with access to everything. You can walk to parks, cafes, the supermarket and the primary school; Fremantle College and Seaton Catholic College are both close by, and public transport is excellent. Cycle to South Beach in ten minutes, enjoy the boutique retail, salons and restaurants of the South Freo strip, and come home to settle into the friendly community vibe of this desirable Hilton neighbourhood.
• 1950s weatherboard renovated and refreshed
• Set behind wide verge and large front gardens
• Green outlooks everywhere, quiet treed street
• Wide timber floors throughout, stylish interior makeover
• Lovely new kitchen, fine finishes and appliances
• Renovated bathroom with fabulous bath, rainshower
• Living air-conditioned, plus gas point and working fireplace
• Expansive timber-floored sheltered alfresco in green setting
• Built-in robes, two linen cupboards, vast attic storage
• Front and rear gardens reticulated, garden shed
• 438 sqm survey strata
• Walk to schools, cafes, parks, shopping, ride to the beach
Water rates: $1,009.66 per annum (approx)