Renewed and refined: from the 1930s to the now
Under Offer - White House Confidential
For further details please contact Stefanie Dobro from White House Property Partners on 0409 229 115.
A classic residence sits above immaculate lawn and gardens with a long green outlook to the oval opposite. Original leadlight windows sparkle in the rendered exterior, and the elevated veranda, with a perfect hedge for privacy, is a lovely spot to sit and look out to the trees.
It’s a serene location for a beautifully renovated character home, where the refined lines of light-filled contemporary spaces co-exist with the original design features and gracious rooms of the 1930s.
The wide hallway features the fine jarrah floors that flow throughout, linking old and new. The ceiling details are exquisite, with a different pattern creating its own character for each of the rooms. With plantation-shuttered windows to the front veranda, the master suite is peaceful and plentiful: a large north-facing en-suite has a long stone-topped vanity, extensive storage and a double shower in frameless glass. The walk-in-robe is vast, with a drop-down ladder leading to more storage space in the attic above. Across the hallway is a large bedroom with feature fireplace, picture rail and its own garden outlook through the leadlights, and another bedroom adjacent offers more accommodation, equally suited for a large playroom or activity space.
Light, space and indoor-outdoor flow defines the open-plan beyond: a large L-shaped series of spaces wrapped around a high-walled courtyard alfresco, with two walls of concertina glass doors opening up completely to the outdoors from both the kitchen and the living room. All clean lines and functionality, the kitchen features masses of white drawers, engineered stone island bench, tall pantries and Miele appliances. Or step through to the courtyard to fire up the built-in barbecue, and enjoy outdoor dining in a beautifully designed area with limestone paving, lemon trees and shade cloths above.
Across the courtyard is another flexible room for office, studio or gym, with its own access to the alfresco. A fourth north-facing bedroom is secluded beyond the living area, with another sleek bathroom and powder room nearby. The laundry features the same glossy cabinetry and engineered stone benches found throughout, and opens to the northern side of the home where you’ll find handy secure external storage.
Thoughtfully re-imagined as a series of totally liveable spaces, this is a home that embraces the way you want to live, with that fourth bedroom offering great flexibility, as well as the office or studio by the courtyard. It is also conceived as a low-maintenance home, with the lovely front gardens designed to be easy-care. Living across from the oval creates a rare feeling of openness, in a prestigious East Fremantle street lined with homes of character and quality, with George Street and central Fremantle both five minutes away.
4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 1 study 2 cars
• Sleek renovation and renewal of fine 1930’s residence
• Brilliant location opposite green open space
• Stunning open-plan living/dining wraps around courtyard
• Walls of glass concertina doors stack open for outdoor flow
• Jarrah floors, lofty ceilings, airy white interiors, plantation shutters
• Four large flexible bedrooms plus studio/office
• Limestone-paved alfresco with barbecue, lemon trees
• Engineered stone tops to bathrooms, kitchen, laundry
• White chef’s kitchen with masses of storage
• Gracious master suite with fine en-suite and walk in robe
• Striking leadlight features and fabulous ceiling detailing
• Gated parking, alarm security, attic storage
• Beautiful front gardens designed for low-maintenance
• Five minutes to George Street or central Fremantle
• John Curtin College of the Arts catchment