Gracious 1920s home, light-filled transformation
It’s rare to find a grand late federation residence seamlessly transformed for light-filled indoor-outdoor living, but with the treasured features of the original Queen Anne style respected and celebrated. Wide return verandas, bay windows under gabled roofs, generous rooms, high ceilings, decorative fireplaces, jarrah floors and the arched hallway all retain the historic atmosphere. The stunning new transformation is the way the home opens up completely at the rear, embracing a vast outdoor ‘room’ for entertaining in all seasons. It’s one of a series of spaces for play and relaxation in the beautiful back gardens of this large landholding, including a north-facing studio offering excellent flexibility for workspace or accommodation.
Set behind immaculate lawn, gardens & fruit trees, the elevated veranda wraps from the west around to the north, retaining the curved timber detailing of the era. There are three gracious bedrooms, including one opening to an adjacent room – already approved for an en-suite, or also ideal as a study space or large dressing room. The living/dining room is expansive, with double-hung sash windows to the north, as well as a long window looking to the veranda and front garden. It flows easily to the open-plan kitchen, tastefully conceived with shaker-style cabinetry and a square marble-topped island. Nearby, the family bathroom has been renewed with frameless glass shower and long white vanity.
The real asset of this beautiful home is the way it opens absolutely to the outdoors: with concertina windows stacking open so the kitchen bench continues through to create an external island. Tall concertina doors stack open too, giving the impression that you really are living in the garden. A vast jarrah deck has been created, with an automatic louvred ceiling with rain sensor, adjustable to angle for the light and the season. Automatic blinds enclose the deck when you want it to be cosier, and a stainless steel outdoor kitchen makes this entertaining central.
To the north, a giant peppermint tree shades another restful sitting area, and to the south, a stone-walled outdoor zone behind the studio is under cover and perfect for the ping-pong table. With expansive lawn and flourishing fruit trees, the big backyard is delightful, with a garden shed at the bottom and plenty of room for a pool. The spacious weatherboard studio has the convenience of the renewed outdoor loo nearby; the large laundry and sleek bathroom, with big rectangular bath, is cleverly configured with exterior as well as interior access. Secure storage for a boat, caravan, motorbikes or kayaks is easy, as the garage has an internal door opening to a long wide area on the southern side.
A grand historic residence, a fabulous outdoor living transformation and the luxury of space: this really is a forever family home in an exclusive East Fremantle street.
For further details please contact Exclusive Selling Agent Stefanie Dobro from White House Property Partners on 0409 229 115.
3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 3 cars 1 studio
• Significant 1920s residence on large block in prestigious street
• Stunning transformation at rear for seamless indoor-outdoor living
• Grand original features retained in fine condition
• Return veranda, bay windows, fireplaces, jarrah floors, high ceilings
• Expansive rooms including gracious living/dining with northern light
• Beautiful kitchen with marble island and white Shaker cabinetry
• Concertina doors and windows open completely for outdoor flow
• Vast jarrah deck with outdoor kitchen, automatic rain-sensing louvred ceiling
• Automatic blinds for all season outdoor living/entertaining
• Light-filled north-facing weatherboard studio with own alfresco
• Immaculate lawn and gardens reticulated from bore
• Big backyard with fruit trees, shed, room for pool
• Third bedroom with adjacent room approved for en-suite
• Garage opens to expansive hardstand for boat, kayaks etc