Mundijong was originally named Jarrahdale Junction. It was at the junction of the Rockingham-Jarrahdale line and the government line from Perth to Bunbury which was built in 1893. A town grew up around the junction, and a timber depot which included a large planing mill was constructed. The town was first declared as "Manjedal" in 1893 as it was thought to be the Aboriginal name of the area. In 1897 this was found to be incorrect, and the name was changed to Mundijong.
Life in Mundijong
Positioned between the coast and the hills, this suburb provides is an important centre for the local farming industry including orchards, farmlands and wineries. Mundijong provides the 1,230 residents with a rural feel with beautiful waterfalls, walking trails and forest hinterland of the Serpentine Jarrahdale district. Other facilities include a local IGA, Serpentine Jarrahdale Community Resource Centre and a local primary school.