Allanson is located 196 kilometres south of
Perth and six kilometres west of Collie. The suburb is in the Collie
Coalfields, and land was set aside for a townsite here in 1898, in accordance
with government policy of providing land for coal miners close to the mine
sites. It is believed to be named after Arthur Allan Wilson, the MLA for Collie
from 1908 to 194.
Allanson is currently home to over 600
residents, across nearly 25 hectares and includes one of WA most beautiful water
holes, Black Diamond. Previously an abandoned coal mine, the lake was filled
with water after it was decommissioned in the 1950s and has been a popular
swimming hole for locals and social media enthusiasts.