9504 Waverley Road, Cowaramup
Margaret River WA 6285
9504 Waverley Road, Cowaramup, Margaret River
33 superb serviced lots, varying in size from 546m2 to 885m2 offering something for everyone, be it a growing family, investment and downsizing too.
With north facing land, vast areas of public parkland and lake in a genuine rural setting, these will not last long.
Margaret River quick stats
Get to know Margaret River
The townsite of Margaret River is located in the south west agricultural area, 277 kilometres south southwest of Perth and 48 kilometres south southwest of Busselton. It is located on the Margaret River from which it derives its name. The precise origin of the naming of the river is not known, but it was possibly named by John Bussell in honour of Margaret Wyche, a friend in England who was expected to follow the Bussell's to Australia. The name is first shown on a map of the region published in 1839.
In 1910 the Margaret River Progress Association wrote to the Minister for Lands requesting a townsite be declared at "the Upper Margaret Bridge". The reason given was that "the district is likely to be dotted with public buildings several miles apart in the near future if a townsite is not made available shortly". The District Surveyor who inspected the area preferred an area near the lower bridge on Caves Road, but this land was not available. Lots were surveyed in 1912, and the Townsite of Margaret River gazetted in 1913. In 1918 the name of the townsite was changed to "Margaret", but it was changed back to Margaret River in 1927, due to local usage of the name always being Margaret River.