This neat and tidy 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom home plus shed sits on 819m2.
Roebourne is approximately 30 mins from the shops, restaurants and facilities of Karratha.
Call Peter Peard for more information
This information is provided for general information purposes only and is based on information provided by the Seller and may be subject to change. No warranty or representation is made as to its accuracy and interested parties should place no reliance on it and should make their own independent enquiries.
This property at 20 Crawford Way, Roebourne is a three bedroom, one bathroom house listed for sale by Peter Peard at Peard Real Estate Karratha City.
For more information about Roebourne, including sales data, facts, growth rates, nearby transport and nearby shops, please view our Roebourne profile page.
If you would like to get in touch with Peter Peard regarding 20 Crawford Way, Roebourne, please call 0418 915 664 or contact the agent via email.
The townsite of Roebourne is located in the Pilbara region, 1563 kilometres north of Perth and 40 kilometres east of Karratha. The Pilbara region was first explored by F T Gregory in 1861, the area being regarded by Gregory as highly suitable for pastoral settlement. The first settlers arrived in the Roebourne area in 1863, and in 1866 the townsite of Roebourne was gazetted. The name of the townsite honours John Septimus Roe, Western Australia's first Surveyor General.
John Septimus Roe(1797-1878) was a naval officer, surveyor and explorer. He was born on 8 May 1797 in Berkshire, England, becoming a midshipman in the Royal Navy in 1813. In 1817 Roe was posted as a Master's Mate to the surveying service in NSW and took part in numerous coastal surveys. He became a Lieutenant in 1823. In June 1829 he arrived in WA to take up the position of Surveyor General (which he held for the next 40 years). Roe was influential in WA's development. Records of 16 journeys of exploration by Roe exist. He was responsible for inspiring the likes of John and Alexander Forrest and the Gregory brothers. He retired in 1870 and died on 28 May 1878.