Your search has been limited to the first 30 items entered.

Rental Properties and Houses for Rent in Wilson

Suburb Profile


GROWTH -5.6%
MED.PRICE $575,000

Development of the Wilson area began in 1954 when the State Housing Commission resumed some land and T.M. Burke Pty Ltd subdivided some adjoining land. In December 1954, the Canning Road Board proposed the area be named Wilson Park to commemorate Mr G.H. Wilson, a late member and Chairman of the Road Board for a period of 43 years and also an extensive landholder in the area, as the late member of Wilson and Johns Pty. Ltd. Florists and Nurserymen. This name was to apply to the overall area of both developments, but the State Housing commission wished to designate their area as Beeloo, an Aboriginal name recently adopted as the name of the local Electoral District. Dispute over the name continued for over three years, and it was not until January 1960 that the name Wilson was approved for the suburb.